Functional Medicine Practitioner in London
What is Functional Medicine ?
Functional medicine takes a new approach to your health, focusing on addressing the root cause of disease and looking at the person as a whole.
The Functional Medicine Model
With a personalised therapeutic approach, functional medicine engages both patient and practitioner, moving the traditional practice of medicine from a disease-centred attitude to patient-centred healthcare, which means a functional approach is far more successful at resolving health concerns that haven’t been addressed fully by allopathic medicine.
Carolina’s applies her expertise in nutrition, herbal medicine, nutrigenomics, functional testing and other modalities alongside a comprehensive analysis of her patients.
Applying Functional Medicine
Carolina is a certified Functional Medicine Practitioner (IFMCP) through the Institute for Functional Medicine, and the only IFMCP in the world with her unique skillset and combination of qualifications.
Her unique approach is implemented across her clinical, corporate and consulting work and is highly effective in developing targeted treatment plans. Because her approach goes further than basic Functional Medicine, and brings together a greater diversity of approaches, she mentors several Functional Medicine Doctors and teaches them how to interpret tests.
Read more about Carolina here.
Where The Individual Comes First
Functional medicine stands for one thing: supporting the expression of health and vitality of every individual. Practitioners lay emphasis on spending time with their patients and fully understanding their medical history. They form a medical opinion after taking into regard genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors, which can influence long-term, complex and chronic diseases.
Functional Medicine can help with many conditions, including the following which Carolina commonly sees in clinic:
- Skin issues such as acne, eczema, psoriasis
- Supprting allopathic cancer treatment, including breast, colon, lung, brain & prostate cancer
- Mental health concerns such as depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, ADHD, sensory issues
- Trauma response, stress response and loss of resilience, adrenal dysfunction.
- Neurological disorders and cognitive dysfunction issues such as dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, migraines and headaches, brain fog, focus and concentration issue
- Cardiovascular health
- Lyme disease, Epstain-Barr virus (EBV), long COVID, stealth infections, mould illness
- Chronic fatigue, chronic pain issues, fibromyalgia
- Insomnia, sleep apnoea, sleep issues
- Chronic genitourinary infections, interstitial cystitis
- Digestive issues, bloating, acid reflux, constipation
- Female hormone healht issues such as endometriosis, fibroids, adenomyosis, PCOS, fertility issues, optimising pregnancy health, post-partum health for mother and child
- Male hormone health issues such as libido issues, sexual dysfunction, prostate issues
- Thyroid issues including Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and Grave’s disease.
- Autoimmune issues such as multiple sclerosis, Sjogren’s, Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, coeliac disease, neurological autoimmunity
- Arthritis and other inflammatory issues
Functional Laboratory Testing
We provide a wide range of medical laboratory tests to identify hormone imbalances and gut health. Read more here about the laboratories we currently use.
The Fundamentals of Functional medicine
Health is not the absence of disease but is a state of physiological, psychological -emotional and social well-being. Everyone is unique and personalised healthcare must be provided to treat each individual appropriately.
It believes in supporting and exploiting the natural healing mechanisms of the body instead of attacking the disease head-on. It is a science-based approach – what happens within our body is the result of many physiological mechanisms. It suggests that your body is capable of self-regulation, which enables it to maintain a natural balance.
It combines traditional western medicine with alternative modern medicine to develop an approach that focuses on healing using dietary, nutritive, and physical interventions.
It uses the latest medical advances with a holistic approach – botanical medicines, therapeutic diets, supplements, diagnostic tools, prescription drugs, stress-management techniques etc.
Book Your Free Consultation Here to Find Out How I Can Help You