- Genomic Insight Genomic Health Profile is a genetic test powered by Opus23 Explorer, software Carolina been using for genetic test analysis for many years to curate reports using other genetic platforms which are no longer clinically relevant due to the limited information on key single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) available.
- Unlike any other DNA test on the market, Genomic Insight uses the most advanced artificial intelligence to allow clinicians unique insight into patient genomics. Using the Opus23 informatics platform, we are able to customise and curate a report using the latest medical literature databases and meta-data sets.
- GenomicInsight reports on over 5,000 SNPs in one comprehensive functional DNA test. Online results include therapeutic recommendations backed by the latest medical literature from PubMed, GWAS (genome wide association study), dbSNP, HapMap (haplotype map) and several others.
- Data gleaned from Genomic Insight informatics uses the latest medical literature to provide relevant information on nutraceuticals, nutritional supplements, diet, and lifestyle interventions that can proactively influence a patient’s SNPs to reduce or prevent disease risk. Furthermore, pharmacogenomic results included in the profile allow practitioners to predict the efficacy of select pharmaceuticals tailored the individual’s genetic make-up which can be extremely valuable for targeted therapies such as chemotherapy.
Key Evaluation Areas Include (but are not limited to):
- Cardiovascular Health
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Mitochondrial Health
- Oestrogen Metabolism
- Sex Hormones
Advancing Personalised Medicine Through Empowered DNA Testing
- GenomicInsight provides a global view of the interconnectedness of SNPs and offers access to informatics that reveal lifestyle and therapeutic recommendations that may influence a gene’s expression and function.
- The role of genomics and epigenetics is recognised as an important tool in monitoring, preventing, and treating dysfunction. Furthermore, medical literature supports that epigenetics (the impact of the environment on gene expression) plays a critical role in human health.
- GenomicInsight with Opus23 Explorer identifies how the function or dysfunction of one gene impacts the expression and function of a separately-related gene or SNP.
- The cost of test includes analysis, a personalised report, an assessment form to review current state of health so the discussion can be more personalised, and a 45-minute telephone or video consultation to review findings and discuss recommendations.
- Postage back to the lab is not included in test prices as the price will vary dependent on method and location.