Government statistics indicate that 131 million working days were lost to sickness in 2012, the majority of long-term absenteeism caused by stress-related disorders, with one in six workers in England and Wales affected by anxiety, depression and unmanageable stress.
- Average number of absent days in the Public Sector: 6.9
- Average number of absent days in the Private Sector: 4.9
- Average Total Cost for each absent employee: £975 per year
- Estimated annual cost to UK business : £14 billion
- Cost of non-genuine sickness absence to the economy: £1.7 billion
- British businesses lose an estimated £26 billion each year in sickness absence and lost productivity. With greater awareness and mental health support, Mind indicate businesses could save one third off these costs – £8 billion a year.
- Presenteeism (when an employee attends work but is less productive than normal) costs businesses 105 times more than sickness absence.
Benefits of improved corporate health include improved performance, morale and productivity.
Corporate wellness services offered:
- In-House Consultations
- Tailored programmes with collaborative fitness partners
- Group Workshops
- Tailored talks and seminars, including relaxation techniques, managing stress at work, smart eating at the office
- Stop smoking! Ear acupuncture group sessions
For more information: