- Short dated – best by date is November 2022
- Mucuna Supreme is made from velvet bean, also known as cowage or in Ayurvedic medicine, Kapikachu. It contains 4-7% L-dopa, the immediate precursor to dopamine. Dopamine is involved in pleasure, addiction, movement, motivation. People repeat behaviours that lead to dopamine release. It is commonly used as a nootropic and as part of a neurodegeneration prevention strategy for conditions such as Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s disease due to its antioxidant activity.
- Velvet bean has been used as a medicinal plant for thousands of years. Traditional uses include low libido, male infertility and low sperm count, and neurodegenerative conditions such as Parkinson’s disease.
- It is an adaptogen so supports resilience against stress, and may be used for patients undergoing the Bredesen Protocol offered by the clinic.
- This herb should not be used during pregnacy or lactation.