The Big Issues Facing Employers
The lifestyle choices of your employees have an impact on their physical and mental health, life expectancy and their productivity at work.
The areas where employers are being challenged are:
- succession planning
- getting ahead of attrition
- keeping employees well at work
- engaging employees in a corporate wellness initiative
In the UK alone, government statistics indicate:
- The estimated cost of injuries and ill health from working conditions is £14.3 billion.
- An estimated 137.3 million days were lost due to sickness absence or injury in 2016 (equivalent to 4.3 days per worker).
- Mental illness costs the economy £70-100 billion per year and 15.8 million days in 2016.
(Sources for Statistics: London City Mental Health Alliance, Office for National Statistics, Britain’s Healthiest Workplace)
The Big Issues Facing Employees
Employees report a lack of purpose, challenge, empowerment, autonomy, control and security within their place of work. 1/3 of our life is spent at work. By improving the individual’s day to day experience, we can address challenges such as:
- Pressure to deliver a higher workload with reduced resources and less time
- Highly qualified staff in roles that don’t deliver the level of autonomy, variety, empowerment, purpose or challenge they need
- Lack of security or career development opportunities
Objectives Of Our Precision Wellness Programme
- Preventative screening
- Functional Testing
- Encouraging healthier food choices
- Increase physical activity
- Improve tobacco prevention and cessation
- Improved stress management and implementation of stress management techniques
- Other positive lifestyle changes (improved sleep patterns, etc.)
- Personalised recommendations can then implement that will have a dramatic impact on health and wellness outcomes, assisted by regular check-ins with a nutrigenomics expert and certified functional medicine practitioner who will provide guidance and appropriate recommendations.
- Increased health awareness
- Better morale increased revenue generation
- Happier and healthier staff
- A Healthy Return on Investment